|A Message from the Superintendent
Superintendent: Yvonne Curtis
Secretary: Kathy Bahnsen, 503-359-2406
The Forest Grove School District is strongly committed to providing the best education possible for all of our students. We believe that requires a team effort, with students, staff, parents and community all working together. Our schools foster an attitude that all children can achieve academically and that students and staff appreciate the individual differences of other people. We want parents to feel welcome and to take an active role in their children's education.
We believe all of us have a responsibility to create an environment in our schools where students feel safe. Partnerships between staff, students, parents and community can do a great deal to enhance the achievement of students and to make schools a positive place to be.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to focus the district on ensuring that all students graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for success in college, career and citizenship. This strategic plan will provide direction for instruction, curriculum, budgeting, staffing and partnerships necessary to transform learning.
- Implement a process for developing a strategic plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the plan.
- Communicate the plan.
- Develop district leadership skills and capacity to lead the changes necessary to implement the district strategic plan.
- Provide guidance to School Board Leadership in developing a plan for School Board development and Board Leadership development.
- Provide leadership development opportunities for Administrative Leaders to develop skills necessary to accomplish the work of our strategic plan and grow our leadership capacity.
- Continue to develop my personal leadership skills to lead the work of our strategic plan.
- Contribute to the transformation of Oregon’s P-20 Public Education System
- Work with the Oregon Education Investment Board (OEIB), Best Practices and Innovations Committee and Oregon Chief Education Officer, Dr. Rudy Crew
- Work with Confederation of Oregon School Administrations (COSA) Vision and Policy Committee and Regional Superintendents