Who to Contact
Forest Grove School-Based Health Center, 503-359-4057
||Steering Committee Recommendations
- Approve a school-based health center for Forest Grove School District
- Services to include: Routine physical exams and screenings, diagnose and treat illnesses and minor injuries, immunizations, prescriptions, mental health and substance abuse services, vision and dental screenings, health education, and information and referral
- The Steering Committee recommends that contraceptives and prescriptions for contraceptives not be dispensed at the center.
- The Steering Committee recommends making the center available to all students in the Forest Grove School District. Staff should also have access to the center for urgent care (and their insurance billed – copays apply), both as a way to help the sustainability of the center and to reduce the time lost from the classroom due to illness and medical appointments.
- The Steering Committee believes communication with and involvement of parents is critical to the success of the center and encourages the development of policies and procedures that encourage parental involvement within the limitations of Oregon’s Minor Consent Laws.
- The center should be accessible before and after school as well as during the school day. The Advisory Committee in collaboration with the medical sponsor should assess the need and feasibility for evening and/or summer hours.
- Staff would be employed by the medical sponsor, but the district and representatives of the Advisory Board should be involved in the selection process.
- Identify and seek community partnerships that provide additional resources and services.
- The Advisory Committee should review program policies and priorities yearly and make recommendations to assure the center is meeting the health needs of students, staff and community while remaining financially self-sustaining.